Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu is an Indian politician and current Vice-President of India, in office since 11 August 2017.To know More about Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu like Age, Height, family, Education, Contact, Twitter, Unknown Facts check below-
Political Career & Journey of Venkaiah Naidu:
He was interested in politics since childhood,he joined the BJP in his college days and was a swayamsevak in Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.He was President, Students’ Union, V.R. College, Nellore in 1971, In 1973-74: President, Students Union, Andhra University Colleges,In 1974 Convener, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Kshatra Sangharsh Samiti of Andhra Pradesh.
- 1977-80 – President, Youth Wing of Janata Party, Andhra Pradesh
- From 1978 to 1985 – Member of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly for two consecutive terms
- 1980-83 – Vice-President, Youth Wing of All India B.J.P.
- 1980-85 – Leader, B.J.P. Legislature Party in Andhra Pradesh
- 1985-88 – General Secretary, Andhra Pradesh State B.J.P.
- 1988-93 -President, Andhra Pradesh State Unit of B.J.P.
- 1993 -2000 – General Secretary, All India B.J.P.
- 1996 – 2000: Secretary (i) BJP Parliamentary Board, & (ii) BJP Central Election Committee, and (iii) Spokesperson, BJP
- April 1998 – Elected to Rajya Sabha from Karnataka (1st term)
- 1998 – 99 – Member, Committee on Home Affairs and Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Agriculture
- Jan 2000 – Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Rural Development
- From 2000 (Sept) -2002 (June): Minister of Rural Development, Government of India
- From 2002 (July) – 2004 (Oct): National President, B.J.P.
- From 2004 (Jan) – 2004 (Feb): Member, Committee on External Affairs
- From 2008 – 2014 – Chairman, Committee on Home Affairs (Rajya Sabha)
- From 2011 (Dec) – 2014 (May): Parliamentary Forum on Disaster Management
- From 26 May 2014 – 5 July, 2016: Minister for Urban Development, Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation and Parliamentary Affairs .
- June, 2016 – Re-elected to Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan (4th term)
- From 6th July, 2016 – 17 July 2017 – Minister for Urban Development, Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation, and Information and Broadcasting.
- He is current Vice-President of India, in office since 11 August 2017.
Important Position Held By Venkaiah Naidu:
- 13th Vice President of India (Assumed office 11 August 2017)
- Minister of Information and Broadcasting ( 5 July 2016 – 17 July 2017)
- Minister of Parliamentary Affairs ( 26 May 2014 – 5 July 2016)
- President of the Bharatiya Janata Party ( 1 July 2002 – 5 October 2004)
- Minister for Rural Development ( 30 September 2000 – 30 June 2002)
- Member of the Rajya Sabha for Rajasthan ( 5 July 2016 – 10 August 2017)
- Member of the Rajya Sabha for Karnataka ( 1998-2016)
As A Socialist :
During his work period Mr. Naidu launched many reforms and schemes for the development of the rural classes like ‘Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana’.
He also tried to rope in multinational companies for the various projects related to rural development Naidu initiated a social service organisation called ‘Swarna Bharath Trust’ to serve the poor and downtrodden of his hometown Nellore. The trust provides education to the needy children. It also imparts employment training to women and the youth.
Shri Naidu is an avid reader and has published several articles in public and political interests. He has even authored a book titled Aluperugani Galam, Viraamamerugani Payanam.
Venkaiah Naidu Networth :
For any other queries, or you want to contact to him details given under are to be followed:
Permanent Address : Podium Block, V.V.Tower, Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Road, Bengaluru – 560001
Present Address : Vice-President House, 6, Maulana Azad Road, New Delhi – 110011,
Telephone – 011-23016422, 23016344
Social Profiles –
Twitter – @MVenkaiahNaidu