Muthuvel Karunanidhi is an Indian Politician, screenwriter in the Tamil film industry and the head of the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK). To know More about Muthuvel Karunanidhi like Age, Height, family, Education, Contact, Unknown Facts check below-
Political Career & Journey of M. Karunanidhi:
He was inspired by the speech of Alagiriswami of the Justice Party and jumped of the politics at just 14 and participated in Anti-Hindu agitations.
- At age of 14 – M. Karunanidhi entered into politics. He began a student organisation called Tamil Nadu Tamil Manavar Mandram. This was the first student wing of the Dravidan Movement.
- He also started a newspaper, Murasoli for the student community which later became the official paper of DMK party.
- His involvement in the Kallakudi agitation in Kallakudi made him gain ground in Tamil politics.
- In 1957 – He was elected to the Tamil Nadu assembly from Kulithalai assembly.
- In 1961 – He became the DMK treasurer.
- In 1962 – He became the opposition’s deputy leader in the state assembly.
- In 1967 – He became the minister for public works.
- In 1969 -When Annadurai expired, Karunanidhi became the Chief Minister of the state. He served the state as chief minister five times, and later succeeded by Jayalalitha.
- He is the former Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister. He became the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for the fifth time( On May 13, 2006).
As a Screenwriter :
Karunanidhi started his career as a screenwriter in the Tamil film industry. He usually used to write historical and social (reformist) stories. It also helped propagating the socialist and rationalist ideals of the Dravidian movement.
His political ideas were propagated through the movie Parasakthi. The movie had elements that criticised Brahmanism, because of which many orthodox Hindus opposed it. Two other movies written by him which had similar messages were Panam and Thangarathnam. Two of his plays were banned in 1950s because they carried strong social messages.
Karunanidhi has contributed much to Tamil literature. He contributed into stage-plays, poems, screenplays, letters, novels, historical novels, biographies, dialogues and movie songs.
He has written for Kuraloviam for Tholkaappiya Poonga, Thirukural and Poombukar.
Book Written by M. Karunanidhi : Some of the books written by him include Vellikizhamai, Sanga Thamizh, Romapuri Pandian, Nenjukku Needhi, Thirukkural Urai, Ponnar Sankar, Thenpandi Singam, Iniyavai Irubathu and Kuraloviam.
He started working for Jupiter Pictures as a scriptwriter at the age of 20. He wrote numerous screenplays including Rajakumaari, Devaki, Thirumbi Paar, Naam, Manohara, Malaikkallan,Rangoon Radha, Kuravanji, Kaanchi Thalaivan, Thayillapillai and Poompuhar, Poomalai.
Tamil Film Industry– Rajakumari was the first film for which he wrote the script back in 1947 which gained him popularity he needed to continue in the field.
Awards and Titles won by M. Karunanidhi :
- In 1971-He received an honourary doctorate from Annamalai University.
- On the occasion of the 40th annual convocation, he was conferred an honourary doctorate by the Governor of Tamil Nadu and the Chancellor of Madurai Kamaraj University, Surjit Singh Barnala on 15 December 2006.
- In June 2007, it was announced by the Tamil Nadu Muslim Makkal Katchi that M.Karunanidhi would be conferred the title ‘Friend of the Muslim Community’ (‘Yaaran-E-Millath’).
- He received “Raja Rajan Award” from Tamil University, Thanjavur for his book “Thenpandi Singam”.
M. Karunanidhi Networth :
For any other queries, or you want to contact to him details given under are to be followed:
Address: NO:15 4TH STREET GOPALAPURAM,CHENNAI-600086
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number : 044-28115225
M. Karunanidhi Controversy/News/Videos/Speeches :
DMK chief M. Karunanidhi’s family tree-